Thermal Power plants come in different configurations. Few of the configurations are:
- Steam turbines with steam generated from a fossil fuel fired boiler.
- Gas turbines with fuel gas fired supplemented with Heat recovery steam generators. The steam from HRSG help to generate additional power in the steam turbines
- Gas engines with triple generation, such as, power, steam and hot water.
Irrespective of the configuration, the key factors to evaluate are:
- Gas turbines: Gas turbine Heat rate – fuel consumption in kcal per unit of power produced
- Auxiliaries consumption – as % of total power generated
- Steam turbines: Steam consumption per unit of power generated and cycle efficency,
- Cogen efficiency of GT, HRSG and STG combined: power generated as % of fuel burnt
- Condensate recovery, % of steam generated returned as condensate.
At QPES, we help you to improve the performance of all key metrics listed above. Call us for a no binding free quote on how you can improve your plant performance.